Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Green Chile Chicken Soup


If you're at all like me and my cooking skills, you will probably enjoy this post!  I haven't ever been great at cooking, but never really minded it either.  I'm more of the type that likes to throw something together really fast instead of spending an hour or two cooking a five star meal.  This habit of mine leads me to a lot of junk food and fast food!  This meal however is so fast and so easy, and honestly my favorite meal to have.  Its SO GOOD, and pretty healthy too!  All you need is a food storage! ;)  You'll need:

1 can green enchalada sauce
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can chicken broth
3 or 4 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
1/4 of a bunch of cilantro, chopped

Add all these in a pot and WALA, you have a delicious green chile chicken soup!  Your husband will think its a five star meal, just don't tell him it took you 2 minutes to put together! This recipe feeds 6-8 people, so you will have left overs if its just you and your hubby... but heating it back up is a breeze!

Serve with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.

Happy cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment