Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finding his ring... CHEAP!

(I told myself I would never admit to doing this, because I dont like to be cheap - especially for my husband.  But he loved it, and some of you might find this a better option for you, so I had to share!)

As Randy and I were looking for his wedding ring, we found one that he couldn't get out of his mind.  Tungsten carbide with a band of black carbon fiber in the middle... 
 
We found it at a Jewelry store in the Orem mall.  The salesman told us that Tungsten Carbide is one of the hardest metals ever, and wont scratch.  He even took something and tried to scratch it in front of us but it did nothing, it was pretty cool.  The ring was $300, and we were sold.  Right as we were about to buy it, a guy that was shopping in there came up to us.  "Hey man, you know you can get that exact ring for only like $25.00 on ebay?  I have the same one, but bought like 5 others too."  I kind of ignored him because I didn't want to go all cheap on my soon to be husband, but Randy was all for it.

We went home and got on ebay.  Sure enough, that exact same ring was only $25.00.  As we were looking through, we found the same one that had blue (his favorite color) carbon fiber in the middle, which of course he loved.  And then yet another one that had white carbon fiber, that I thought looked really good with my ring.  I ended up getting him 3 really nice wedding rings for only $75.00!  I still felt like I was being cheap with getting his ring, but he totally loved it so it was okay.  The white one is still considered his official "wedding ring", but he likes to switch his black and blue ones to match whatever he's wearing.  

Jewelry stores tend to charge an arm and a leg for rings. So if you're looking for a less expensive way to get the exact kind of ring he's looking for, check ebay before you buy it somewhere else!  And get two or three! ;)

2 comments:

  1. We bought the exact ring your husband liked except the one we bought had a skinny black strip of black. But I just showed my husband those rings on Ebay and he loves the white one! Haha geez why are they so cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning design. I am really impressed with the design and do finds it the most promising one. I was looking for this type of simple ring because my husband is very particular about the shape and style. I will show it to him.
    vintage rings

    ReplyDelete